Nail art

Quilted Patchwork Nails

Hi, y’all! Today’s nail art used quite a few polishes, but it turned out really well, I think!

Quilted Patchwork Nails | Erin's Enamel
Quilted Patchwork Nails

So, to start out with these, I made dry marble decals out of 4 groups of 4 polishes each:

Group 1: Frenzy Polish Purple Calla (medium grape purple holo), China Glaze Wanderlust (pale lavender with copper shimmer), Serum No. 5 Glo-balt Blue (sky blue glow in the dark; currently out of stock), Zoya Selene (pearly teal with aqua shimmer)

Group 2: China Glaze Trip of a Lime Time (lime green creme), Finger Paints Wild Bikini (deep shimmery purple), Nailtini Concrete Mixer (purple-tinged gray creme), Pretty Serious The Dragon’s Curse (medium minty green with gold shimmer)

Quilted Patchwork Nails | Erin's Enamel
Quilted Patchwork Nails

Group 3: China Glaze Dune Our Thing (deep berry pink creme), Zoya Cole (peach creme), Zoya Daisy (lemon yellow with turquoise shimmer), Cover Girl Flamed Out (bright tangerine with heavy gold shimmer)

Group 4: Zoya Hannah (classic red creme), Sally Hansen Hard Hat (light mustard yellow with silver shimmer), China Glaze Santa Red My List (dark pink foil with silver shimmer), and OPI Maintaining My Sand-ity (light sandy beige creme)

Quilted Patchwork Nails | Erin's Enamel
Quilted Patchwork Nails

I did 8-10 decals for each set so I could have a variety of patterns to work with. Once they were fully dry, I cut them into itty bitty squares and began placing them on my nails. I put down a stripe of regular top coat and placed each square, trying to make sure I didn’t put too-similar squares next to each other. I trimmed the excess with nippers, cleaned up, and added a layer of top coat.

Quilted Patchwork Nails | Erin's Enamel
Quilted Patchwork Nails

I cheated on my other hand, though. I made the squares into decals on my mat, then put those on my nails, rather than continue with the individual placement. (It was kinda tedious…)

Quilted Patchwork Nails (macro) | Erin's Enamel
Quilted Patchwork Nails (macro to show the detail on the squares a bit better)

Once all that was done, I stamped the pattern on using Julep Brigitte and Bundle Monster plate BM-S104. I picked this one because it has the lines that look like stitching, so I thought it would look kind of like actual quilting.

As labor intensive as these were, I LOVED them! They turned out exactly like what I was picturing in my head when I started the whole endeavor.

That’s all for today! Thanks for looking!

Save

Advertisements

Please feel free to leave a comment!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s