Hi, y’all! I guess it might have been easier to say “goldfish nails,” huh? 😀
For my fish scales, I started with a base of one coat of ILNP Fame. It’s become one of my favorite polishes ever (definitely top five!) because the combo of gold and silver flakes with the super holo rainbow is just amazing!
My shades of orange are:
- China Glaze Metro Pollen-tin (light yellow orange creme)
- Julie G Tangerine Dream (bright light orange texture with heavy gold shimmer)
- Zoya Amy (red orange with gold shimmer)
- OPI Rising Star (orange-y bronze metallic) and
- Nine Zero Pumpkin Everything (pumpkin pie orange holo)
I used Born Pretty holo nail art stickers for the mermaid scales. I did a squishy marble over the sticker on my pinky and ring fingers, but there was some seepage under the stickers. So for my middle and index fingers, I made decals by placing the stickers on my mat, doing the squishy marble over them, and immediately peeling the sticker away. I painted over the scales with a clear coat and, once dry, placed them on the nail just like any other decal.
I have to say, the decal method was WAY easier than trying to use the vinyls directly on my nails. That might just be my go-to method from now on!
That’s all for today! Thanks for looking!